Module 2: Information and Knowledge Management
Nurses use many forms of data, information, and knowledge in the delivery of patient care. This module describes the different types of literacy and how they relate to nursing practice, how raw data becomes knowledge and the importance of adopting clinical data standards, and the emergence of personalized health care.
Upon completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe the differences between information literacy, digital literacy, and health literacy.
- Demonstrate how to critically evaluate health information and resources found on the Internet.
- Recognize the role of nurses in developing health literacy in patients.
- Demonstrate patient education as it relates to health literacy.
- Articulate the importance of standardized nursing data to reflect nursing practice, to advance nursing knowledge, and to contribute to the value and understanding of nursing.
- Discuss the significance and impact of personalized health care as it relates to nurses and patient care.